**UPDATED on 5/17**
5 Diamonds Inc. is committed to the health and safety of our teams and their families. The COVID-19 crisis has presented us all with a necessary need to pivot and adjust our lives and routines over the past few months. Change can be uncomfortable and scary, but accepting change and processing it, enables us to grow, and evolve as a whole.
凯发体育网址With the state of Wisconsin’s “Safer at Home” order being rescinded on 5/13 we here at 5 Diamonds are getting ready to open back up. We want to do so responsibly though so we have come up with a plan for anyone visiting or playing in our facility going forward. This is for the health and safety of our athletes, coaches, family members and other supporters, which is our No. 1 priority. Our plan does not replace or supersede any protocols or restrictions outlined by state or local authorities:
1. Parents and spectators have separate seating away from the backstop or dugout. Spectators will not be allowed around the area of the backstop or dugouts. We will have sitting areas from foul pole to foul pole in the outfield or similar. As well as limiting spectators and social distancing rules for those that do choose to attend (6ft. apart, masks, etc.)
2. Fans, players, coach’s and umpires are encouraged to wash or sanitize hands regularly
3. Any person who is experiencing symptoms of sickness will be prohibited from attending the event/venue of play
4. Masks are encouraged to be worn by all and will be available for purchase for those wanting one
5. There will be ONLY 1 entry way and exit into and out of the park. They will be marked on the signs as well as the picture below
6. It is highly recommended for organizations to provide sanitizer for players and coaches. We will also have some stations on site for everyone to use but ALL are encouraged to bring there own
7. Players should bring their own, personal cooler instead of using a team cooler. Players should plan on bringing an individual water bottle
8. Dugouts will be extended to the back stop for both teams since no spectators will be allowed there to allow for 6ft. of distancing
9. No physical contact by players, coach’s or umpires at any time unless part of on field game play. Also no pregame or post game handshakes by players, coach’s or umpires
10. Highly recommended that teams carry sanitizer and wipes for any equipment (bats, balls, gloves), as well as wearing bating gloves whenever possible. Also no sharing of equipment and players keep their equipment away from others
11. EACH team has to use there OWN baseballs (provided by us) to use during their time in the field. As well as sanitizing the balls in between innings or when a ball is out of play. Perhaps having a designated Asst. coach to do that as well as retrieve any foul balls rather than spectators or players doing so
12. Umpires will be asked to officiate the game from behind the pitcher’s mound, while practicing social distancing with all fielders. This will limit the number of people around home plate and will still allow the umpire to call the game and see the whole field. Umpires should not handle baseballs, and should remind players to retrieve extra baseballs from their designated coach. No coaches will be allowed on the field to disagree or argue a call. Coaches must call the umpire to their dug out with all questions and remain 6ft away. For the safety of all we will not allow aggressive arguing with any umpire.
13. The managers meeting at home plate should be limited to one coach from each team plus the umpires. No players at plate meeting. Eliminate the meeting if possible
14. Require teams to clean their dugout of all trash and other items after each game, and to wipe down (clean) hard surfaces such as benches, bat racks, etc.
15. In between games we will disinfect hard surface areas (benches, bat racks, etc.). No players or coaches may enter the dugouts until this is done. Procedures #14 and #15 here will comply with the CDC recommendation of a two-step process for cleaning and disinfecting
16. We will regularly clean restrooms, following local requirements
17. Award ceremonies shall be contact-less, with a team representative designated to receive and distribute awards to player
凯发体育网址Spectator seating in yellow, players only areas in red, practice/warm-up areas in purple. For a detailed complex map go here:
A new waiver will also have to be signed by each parent/guardian of a player in order to participate in any event at 5Diamonds. COACHES/TEAM MANAGERS: It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that each of your players parent/guardian has signed the waiver to be eligible for your roster otherwise they will remain ineligible to play.
Any instances not listed above will be left up to our director. All teams and coaches must adhere to these rules for the safety of everyone involved. All coaches will be held responsible for their players and parents. Please keep all people who are sick at home. Anyone sick or having bad allergies needs to take the week off. If a team or parents is found breaking these rules your team may be asked to forfeit the game.
We truly appreciate your support of 5 Diamonds and look forward to better times ahead for all. As you could imagine our inquiry volume is extremely high, so we appreciate your patience during these times. We will continue to communicate updates during these unprecedented times. Any further questions should be directed to .
凯发体育网址Stay well and Stay Positive!
5 Diamonds, Inc.
Checkout our brand new league we are starting up in 2020 for kids 4-9. It’s a developmental league to get players ready for travel baseball!!! Should be a lot of fun. Check it out here: